• Because Knossos is the most important
city of the earliest great civilisation on European territory.
• Because the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion is one of the most important
• Because it is in this area that were born the famous painter Domenico
Theotocopoulos (El Greco), the writer Nikos Kazantzakis and many other
great authors and artists
• Because even here, Psiloritis stands proudly, overlooking the Aegean
and its islands to the North and the Libyan Sea and Africa to the South.
• Because its Venetian buildings tell the story of an epoch of high culture
• Because the Cretan hospitality is present even in the areas of mass
• Because of the variety of the herbs, the best and most numerous in
• Because of the countless beaches for all tastes: big, small, noisy,
quiet or cosmopolitan, all of them are fascinating.
• Because the scenic routes within the plains with vegetables, along with
the impressive mountains is a combination hardly forgettable.
• Because of the numerous feasts ("panighyri") in every place, almost
every day of the year, where drink, amusement and fun keep going.
• Because of the variety of accommodation facilities which make staying
a comfortable and fascinating experience.
• Because Matala with its caves keep their fame since 35 years.
• Because it is Crete!