To the beach: 250 ms
To the airport: 150 kms
To the port: 400 ms
We are located on Monemvassia’s bridge, only 250m., from the beach and 300m. from the center of town. With a view of the castle, we offer ideal facilities for a comfortable and restful vacation. Holiday in our hotel are no longer restricted to one specific season! We are open all year round.
We have 27 fully equipped rooms and suites with bathroom, direct dial phone, TV, mini bar, aircontioning traditionally built bedrooms and large balconies with a magnificent view of the castle and Mirtoo open sea.
We offer comfortable reception areas, a bar and a restaurant with a fire place for the winter and a large balcony for the summer. We have 27 fully equipped rooms and suites with bathroom, direct dial phone, TV, mini bar, aircontioning traditionally built bedrooms and large balconies with a magnificent view of the castle and Mirtoo open sea.
• Spacious reception areas
• Internet corner
• Satellite Tv Room
• Breakfast - bar room with fireplace
• Balcony with castle and sea view - coffee, drink and breakfast
• Bar with wi - fi, internet Connection
• Friendly family atmosphere
• Mini bar - small refrigerator
• Air - Conditioning (Cool and heat)
• Direct telephone line
• Hair dryer
• Safe Box
• Balcony or veranda with furnitures
• Built Bedroom
• Room service (10.30 a.m. -10.30 p.m)
• Daily cleaning
• Baby Cot (without charge)
• Transfer from and to the room (during the arrival and the departure)
• With the arrival is offered: water and bathroom set PANORAMA (bubble-bath, etc.)
• Room with two bedrooms with two sofa-beds
• Sets for making Tea and Coffee
• Magnifying Glass
• With the arrival is offered: water, bathroom set PANORAMA (bubble-bath, sewing set etc.)
Don't allow domestic pets
PERSONS WITH KINETIC PROBLEMS:
• 2 rooms and ramps in the central areas of the hotel for persons with kinetic problems
• Air conditioning
• Baggage hold
• Bus parking
• Internet services
• Ramp access
• Room service
• Safe deposit box
Single Room: 50,00€ & 60,00€,
Double Room: 60,00€ & 80,00€,
Suites: 90,00€ & 110,00€,
Inside the castle of Monemvasia, a lot of taverns, cafe- bars and folklore shops are open nowadays. It is worth tasting the delicious amigdaloto of Monemvasia, the samousa (local sweet), the saitia (local pie), the kogles (home made pasta) and MALVAZIA wine.
· Carnival: Feast at the centre of the outer town, including music by local singers, the burning of the carnival scarecrow and plenty of Monemvasian wine.
· Easter: Glamorous turning around of the Icon in the alleys of the castle with the escort of the municipal band, combined with the burning of Judas at the central square of the castle. That is one of the most famous festivals of Greece.
· In May, there is Chrisafitissa Virgin Mary’s celebration.
Liberation of Monemvasia: (23rd of July) A lot of festivals organized by the municipality, such as the burning of ship and several concerts e.t.c
The settlement was founded the 6th century by Lacedemonioi. After that, another settlement was founded a bit lower and gradually the whole city was developed with great and strategically importance. After a short popish occupation, the city was captured by Eneti in 1464. The period of the 1st Turkish occupation starts in 1540 and the decline which has begun, is going on more strongly. In 1690, the city is surrendered to Eneti. In 1715, Turks reoccupy it again. In 1821, it is the first to be freed between all the occupied cities of Peloponnese. The most important monuments and architectural buildings are the following: the settlement of Monemvasia is separated in two parts, each one which is located in different levels and is specially fortified.
In the upper city, which is uninhabited nowadays, there are remnants of several Byzantine and after-Byzantine years` buildings. Here, you can find Santa Sofia, an eight-angle temple with dome.
In the settlement of the down city, which is inhabited even today, the dilapidated buildings are restored under the supervision of the archaeological service. It is surrounded by the protective wall in a shape of Π, having two gates at the east and west and a small exit to the sea.
There are the following temples in the down city:
· Elkomenos Christos: It is a church covered by cupola .There, you can find a lot of after- Byzantine pictures in the internal part of the church.
· Muslim Shrine: It is a building built in the A` Turkish period, which was turned into a Frankish church. That, turned into a mosque again, the 18th century. Nowadays, it gives shelter to the archaeological collection.
· Virgin Mary Mirtithiotissa Temple: It is a church, covered by a dome and built in 1703.
· Virgin Mary Chrisafitissa Temple: It includes a square hall, covered by a low dome and built the 17th century.
There are also a lot of smaller temples, such as Ag. Andreas, Ag. Anna, Ag. Dimitrios and some more. (All the information is found in Periigitis newspaper, edited in Laconia, 2003.
· Abelakia Beach: it is located at the outer part of Monemvasia towards Neapoli and is covered in fine pebble (about 5 km far from the hotel)
· Pori Beach: it is located at the outer part of Monemvasia towards Sparta ,having a great extent (about 3 km far from the hotel)
· Kastraki Beach: it is situated on the route to Ieraka, having a shallow sea and sand (about 4 km far from the hotel)
Note: For extra information about the routes, don`t hesitate to call the reception officer.
· Ag. Ioannis: Amazing taverns and delicious snacks (10 min far from Monemvasia)
· Gerakas Port: Picturesque and full of traditional fish-taverns (20 min far from Monemvasia)
· Plitra: An ancient town which was destroyed in 375 A.D. by a powerful earthquake. Nowadays you can easily make out the remnants of that town .There, you can enjoy a spotlessly clean beach of the Laconic Bay (20 min far from Monemvasia)
· Elafonisos: There, you can find one of the most famous and cleanest beaches of Mesogios Sea, with fine, white sand. You can reach Neapoli by small ferries (60 min far from Monemvasia)
· Kastania Cave: It was discovered by chance, in 1958 by spelaeologists. It is one of the most beautiful underground caves of Greece and southeast Europe. It is available for public since September, 2003. (You can find it on the route from Neapoli to Kavo Malea, about 80 min far from Monemvasia)
· Parnonas: It is ideal for those who adore nature. It is full of amazing paths and plenty of snow in the winter. It` s worth visiting the picturesque villages, Kosmas and Gigina (Polidroso).(60 min far from Monemvasia).
· Kiparissi: It is a picturesque village after Gerakas. It is known to be the place where princess Diana went on holidays. (80 min far from Monemvasia)
· Finally, leaving us, don` t forget to stop at the museum of olive in Sparta and visit Mistras.