To the beach: 1km
To the airport: 35km
To the port: 500m
To the city: 500m
The modern building of the Patras Smart Hotel is located 500m away from the city center. It offers 51 rooms, 3 of which are built for persons with special needs, layered on 3 stories and on the ground floor.
All spaces are decorated with objects of contemporary art in combination of dark and intense colors.
The unusual materials used to complete the spaces forms, the technologicaly up-to-date business center equiped with touch screen computers, the flat screen tvs in the rooms, the free of charge wireless internet connection, the use of the lounge as a 24 hrs relaxation area but also as a breakfast area and the 2 free of charge bottles of water in the rooms fridge upon the guests arrival are some of the novelties that our guest will meet upon his arrival. Those are also the characteristics that justify the hotels' special type. A relative advantage is the free of charge private parking.
The new "green" member of the Airotel family is equiped with solar heaters and a thermal frontage which regulates the buildings' temperature, using the least possible electricity percentage. The grass planted on the roof is another green stroke of the brush on Patras' urban scenery.
Free parking space
Wake up calls
Iron and ironning board in the rooms
Free wireless internet access
Car rental / taxi services
The hotel consists of 51 rooms on 3 stories and on the ground floor.
Three of them are rooms for persons with special needs.
Single: The Single room, features magnetic security locks, complimentary toiletries, direct dial phone, voice mail, full air-condition, interactive tv, trousers press, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, safe deposit box, boudoir and free of charge wireless internet. The specific room type is absolutely accessible to handicapped persons, providing all the necessary facilities.
Double: The Double features magnetic security locks, complimentary toiletries, direct dial phone, voice mail, full air-condition, interactive tv, trousers press, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, safe deposit box, boudoir and free of charge wireless internet. The specific room type is absolutely accessible to handicapped persons, providing all the necessary facilities.
Triple: The Triple room, features magnetic security locks, complimentary toiletries, direct dial phone, voice mail, full air-condition, interactive tv, trousers press, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, safe deposit box, boudoir and free of charge wireless internet. The specific room type is absolutely accessible to handicapped persons, providing all the necessary facilities.
You can find branches of all major banks in the city of Patras.
In the hotels' Bar you will find the tranquility you were looking for, savoring your coffee or drink, alone or with company, relaxing in a modern environment.
Offering our breakfast on the same area which is converted every day in a cosy space is one of the unconventional facilities our guest meets. Every morning, the lobby is full of tempting scents of coffee and freshly baked breadstuff.
• Accessible facilities
• Banquet facilities
In Rio are you can enjoy fresh fish and other tastes in the restaurants Mouragio, Kalypso and Remezzo. For alternative tastes try the chinese cusine of the Golden Dragon.
In Patra you can visit the restaurants at the Trion Navarhon street, have a coffee near the port or prefer the streets of Agiou Nikolaou or Radinou.
For shopping walk down the Vassileos Georgiou A' and Ethnikis Antistaseos (ex Vasilisis Olgas) Squares and down the Agiou Nikolaou, Riga Fereou,Mezonos, Korinthou, Kolokotroni, Kanakari, Ermou and Gounari Streets.
Museums and archeological sites:
Archeological museum of Patras: It is 3 storey building which was donated to the state and was used after 1938 The permanent collections include sculptures from Patras and the surrounding area, foundings which are dated from 3000 b.C. to 800 b.C. Burial monuments from the classical and hellenistic cemeteries in Patra and also foundings from the Roman period.
Rio Castle: The first fortification of the area was made by Vogiazit B in 1499. In 1532 it was taken by the Spaniads and retaken by the Turks. In 1603 the Malta knights destroyed it. In 1687 the castle was taken over by Morozini. Radical renovations occur and it takes the form that it has up to nowdays. In 1715 it was taken over again by the Turks and in 1828 it is handed to the general Maizon. After that it was handed over to the Greek people after renovations. It was used as a prison for a long time and during the Second World War Germans used it for habitation.
Delfoi: During the years of the Mycenean period Godess Earth was worshiped in Delfoi. The evolution of the temple and oracle begins during the 08th century b.C. and God Apollon prevails. Under the administration and protection of the Amfictonia state the temple establishes its autonomy, increases its influence politically and religiously throughout Greece, grows biger in size, reorganizes the Pythian Games and gets richer by works of art and gifts. During the 03d century b.C. Aitolians take control of the temple, who are replaced by the Romans in 191 b.C. During the Roman period the temple was other times depredated and other times favoured. After the prevalnece of Christianity the temple loses its spiritual meaning and in 394 a.C. it closes down after the orders of Emperor Theodosios. The ruins of Delfoi came to light in 1893. More than 5.000 signings were found along with sculptures, small artworks and decor items. Except the temple the excavations revealed also the Stadium, the Gymnasium, the Delfoi dorp and cemetary.
Olympia: One of the most important Temples dedicated to Zeus. Also the place where Olympic Games were born. The area is inhabited from 1200 b.C. Year 776 b.C was the starting year of the Olympic Games in honour of Zeus. The Games are religiously orientated from their start and have strict rituals. As time passes by, more installations become essential as more athletes take place and the public grows bigger. The end for the Zeus Temple comes in 393 a.C. as Emperor Theodosios puts a stop to fanes. The destruction of the temple is completed in 552 and 551 a.C with 2 big earthquake. Olympia was forgotten for 2 centuries until the first excavation during the 19th century.( tel. 26240 22517)